As we grow older, excess skin tends to start drooping throughout our bodies. It’s a natural part of aging, but there are ways around it. In some cases, loose skin is glaringly apparent, while in others it’s easy to cover up. When it comes to the face, there’s nowhere to hide, which is why skin tightening and lifting are so popular for this part of the body. There are two main methods to choose from, namely High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) treatments and surgical facelifts.
Which one is better? The answer isn’t so simple to come up with. You must first understand how the two methods differ and weigh the pros against the cons. In this blog, we delve into all things face lifting and tightening to help you draw an informed comparison.
Old School Aesthetics: The Surgical Facelift
A surgical facelift is a cosmetic procedure where a surgeon alters the appearance of the face to look younger by adjusting and removing parts of the skin and muscle tissue in the face and neck. The patient is placed under general anesthetic to numb any pain throughout the procedure. It was first developed in the early 20th century and has advanced considerably ever since.
- The result stands the test of time.
- The quality of the results is held in high esteem.
- Going under the knife puts your life at risk and can take longer to heal.
- There’s a possibility of sustaining medical complications and scars.
- The result might not come out looking natural.
- Surgical procedures are expensive and range in prices from $20,000 to 30,000 for a full face lift.
Modern Treatments Creating a Youthful Appearance: The HIFU Facelift
A little over a decade ago, HIFU treatment was developed. This method entails using ultrasound energy or laser beams to trigger the production of natural collagen in the body, which makes the skin around the face more tight and supple.
- Optimising your body’s natural resources – that is, natural collagen – to achieve the desired result.
- No need to go under the knife, which means you won’t have to take time off to recover.
- The results look like an enhanced version of your natural self.
- Cost is significantly lower than a surgical face lift (in the range of $750 to $1,150).
- You have to return every two to three years to keep it up.
Deciding What Works for You
There are way more cons associated with going under the knife than taking the non-invasive route. Keep in mind that your health and wellbeing is paramount. Consult with a reliable medical professional and do some research. Call Saba Medispa to learn more about HIFU treatment on the Gold Coast.